Dropping a Class
It seems that I have bitten off more than I can chew. I've been so tired lately that I've stopped doing physical therapy each night and only do it twice a week when I work with my therapist. Since I don't know how long I will have the ability to gain back muscle strength (at anytime I could approach the two year mark of having the disease, after which there is permanent muscle damage), why am I not keeping the main thing the main thing? I've barely been keeping up in Hebrew and have been depressed because of being overwhelmed with all these changes and added responsibilities to my weak frame. Now that I've completed three weeks of courses at Westminster, I have reached a conclusion: drop a class, Chris.
So I've decided to check out of Doctrine of the Church for this semester (I'll pick it up again in future studies at WTS, Lord willing). My line of reasoning is this: a full load for a physically normal person is 12 credit hours. I do not believe that I have the physical strength and stamina of even half a normal person, so why am I trying to take more than half a normal person's credit hours? I was taking 8 hours but now see this as foolish. I'll drop down to six credits, trying to maintain Hebrew (3hrs) and New Testament Introduction (3hrs). This was a tough decision because I always want to do/think in my head I can do-- more than is actually physically possible.
Lord, grant me the patience to continue to wait on your timing in the process of getting better and resuming Your call upon my life. While I know this last year + of my life has not been an interruption in what You're doing in and through me, I've grown hard to Your Spirit because I've pushed my timing. Strengthen me now to wait on You and thereby find my strength. You are my only hope in all of this Lord. Amen.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home