Hebrew, PT, Rebecca's new job, etc.
Dear Friends,
SCHOOL
I've decided to drop both of my other classes except Hebrew. I was barely keeping up with Hebrew amid the weekly ups and downs of sometimes pushing myself too much in Physical Therapy and then taking days to recover, etc. Also, I've been in and out of depression from being overwhelmed by all I had on my plate. It seems escape is always easier than reality, but then again Christ never said that it would be easy to die to oneself daily. I took care of the paperwork at school on Friday. It was very difficult for me to admit being too weak to handle what I had planned on doing this semester. It seems in yet another way that the Lord is seeking to teach me humility . . .
Due to my physical limitations and the variables on how much energy I have from day to day and week to week, I just received permission on Fridays to have some flexibility in attending any of the three discussion group sections in Hebrew. I'm normally in the 9:30am one, but somedays I cannot get out of bed; if I've had a tough week physically, sometimes I am unable to complete all my homework and get ready for our weekly vocabulary quiz. It seems this will be most helpful for me with all the variables from week to week.
FAMILY
In all of this barely keeping up with Hebrew, Physical Therapy, my relationship with God, spending time with my wife, and getting my needed rest . . . We've enjoyed having more guests: Chris' Uncle Stephen (an Orthodox Presbyterian minister from Lansing, MI) and Aunt Norma visited with us during the first week of October. Though Rebecca and I were very busy with school while they were here, our piano got a beautiful tune and our broken dining room chair a gluing -- because of my Uncle's generous heart.
Rebecca's father will now being paying for our monthly internet, with this being the last week of her working for Xelex Digital. We are grateful to him for this gracious contribution.
Chris' father has given us a check he'd been re-imbursed for from the Seminary (due to a retro-active scholarship Christopher received), which COMPLETELY PAYS FOR CHRIS' NEW LAPTOP. Praise the Lord for his provision! Though I had many kind offers of free computers (both to borrow & have) from many of you, I needed a laptop and found such a good deal on Dell.com that I went ahead a got one last month.
HEALTH
Chris continues PT (Physical Therapy) twice a week. He sees Dr. Brown (his neurologist) on Friday @ 8:30am, then travels to the dentist to get two of his wisdom teeth out. He should get another IVIg in the next week (working out a scheduling conflict with the nurse). In the last week, he's begun walking to classes & church without his walker. Though this drains him physically, it is much more satisfying to do a better job at less than continue at full speed ahead yet barely getting by.
Pray for Rebecca this week: she's training as a waitress at Macaroni Grill as well as doing her last week at Xelex. This is on top of her house work and online Physical Geography (which has proven very difficult).
~Chris & Rebecca Knaebel
P.S. Check out our updated pictures:
http://flickr.com/photos/chris_rebecca_knaebel/


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home